A Flood Watch and Act – Monitor conditions has been issued for Hadspen to Blackstone Heights & surrounds by Tasmania SES.
Based on current rainfall flooding is likely to occur along the lower Meander River and the lower South Esk River.
Locations likely to be impacted are: Hadspen, Westwood, Riverside, Travellers Rest, Blackstone Heights
Conditions will change within the next few hours. Monitor conditions:
- Flooding is likely in streams and rivers.
- Lives could be at risk from flood waters.
- Some properties may become isolated or inundated by flood waters.
- Evacuation of some properties may be required.
- Property, livestock, equipment, and crops may be threatened by flood waters.
- Driving conditions may be dangerous.
Flood waters are a risk to safety, never walk, play, ride, or drive in floodwater.
What to do:
If you live in the alert area and/or near the lower Meander River and the lower South Esk River, SES advises:
- If you have a flood emergency plan, use it now.
- Prepare your property (if safe to do so). This may include:
- Placing furniture and possessions up high on tables/benches
- Move livestock and equipment to higher ground
- Preparing your emergency kit and being ready to leave
- If conditions worsen and safe to do so, leave and go to the home of a family member or friend who is in a safe location away from the flood affected area.
- Contact family, friends, and neighbours to alert them of the potential for flooding.
- For flood updates, visit TasALERT.com or listen to ABC local radio.
- For life-threatening emergencies, dial triple zero (000)
- For emergency flood and storm assistance call the SES on 132 500.
- For current river levels and weather conditions, visit www.bom.gov.au/tas/
- For current reported road closures, visit www.police.tas.gov.au
- For more information on preparing for flood, visit www.ses.tas.gov.au